Skip to content

Welfare Advice & Information

It’s important to make sure that you get all the help that you’re entitled to. These pages give you information on benefits and tax credits if you are working or unemployed, sick or disabled, a parent, a young person, an older person or a veteran. There is also information about council tax and housing costs, national insurance, payment of benefits and problems with benefits.

We offer a range of welfare advice in a confidential environment, including:

Welfare Benefits – Universal Credit, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Disability Living (DLA), Allowance  Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Attendance Allowance (AA), Carers Allowance (CA), Pension Credit (PC), Housing Allowance and Council Tax Support, and others.

Debt – overpayment of benefits, rental arrears, council tax arrears, utility bill arrears, parking fines.

Housing – housing benefit, eviction, homelessness and disrepair.

Domestic violence – holistic support and referral to and from specialist organisations.

Immigration – EU Settlement. We support clients with their EU Settled and 
Pre -Settled status matters including:

Updating New Documents Such as Renewed Passports 
Changes of Address 
Family Members Joining or Remaining in the UK
Switching From Pre- Settled to Settled Status
Information on Applying British, Greek, and Greek-Cypriot Citizenship. 

Information and Advice on the cost of living – Worried about money or finding things difficult? We can signpost/refer you to local food banks or warm places which are open across London boroughs. Struggling to pay your bills? You might be eligible for support with utilities or council tax. 

Food banks   We are members of the FareShare Go scheme. Our volunteers collect free surplus food from local supermarkets. Contact Arachne if you would like to get involved in volunteering for this great scheme. 

Islington Food Banks